Website Ace Hardware Corporation
The Field Project Engineer (Internally known as Sr. Engineering Project Manager) is responsible for managing the implementation of large technology and innovation projects across 14 warehouses in order to increase productivity, service and quality. This role helps create efficiencies and is central to Ace Hardware Corp. success. This position has the opportunity to collaborate across all 14 warehouses.
- Develop Business Cases, budgets and schedules.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationship with integrators, material handling and software vendors.
- Manage project team (engineers and field operators) in the successful implementation of RSC material handling and technology projects on time and within budget.
- Assess RSC Change Management readiness, develop Change Management plan and materials, and conduct change management training/ exercises.
- Engineer, design and layout Retail Support Center equipment systems for new and existing facilities.
- Train RSC management to identify process waste, prioritize improvement values, and develop improvement solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management; (Industrial/Civil Engineering preferred)
- 3-5 years of Supply Chain/Distribution/Logistics experience
- 50% domestic travel required (for project site management and execution of contracts)
- 5 years of project management experience (PMP desired)
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and also organization and team building skills
- Ability to lead projects with diverse, cross functional groups consisting of subject matter experts in their respective fields
Company: Ace Hardware Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A