Website Frontier Airlines
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline – it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
Customer Service – Lead a team to deliver superlative customer service through engagement, motivation, coaching and leadership. Be a tireless advocate of Low Fares Done Right and effectively communicate its meaning to Frontier’s business partners and front-line teams.
Safety – Be a champion for safety through accountability, awareness and communication. Ensure that all employees, direct and business partner, understand the importance of safety and require that they conduct themselves in a manner that reflects this value and enhances the level of safety of the company.
Operational Performance – Ensure outstanding operational performance through effective cross-functional leadership during day-to-day operations. Work with other operational and planning departments to influence and improve day-to-day performance. Ensure front-line visibility to station and corporate goals and drive continuous improvement through effective management and development of processes and procedures.
- 2+ years prior passenger airline experience in a leadership role
- Previous Station Supervisor experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation Administration Regulations, Transportation Security Administration,
- Department of Transportation, Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as any other regulatory entities
- Ability to become qualified in all required training courses
- Skill in interpersonal communications, leadership, delegation, collaboration, critical-thinking, and problem solving
- Must be able to lead employees of business partners and provide guidance and direction.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and lead process improvement.
Company: Frontier Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A