Bed Bath & Beyond
Director of Real Estate is an internal real estate advisor and dealmaker for Bed Bath and Beyond and all brands in the Bed Bath and Beyond portfolio. The successful candidate must be able to timely operate and execute in a fast paced and multi strategy and multi goal environment. The Director will manage a geographic territory and landlord relations on behalf of BBB including landlord portfolio negotiations. The Director will need to develop a deep understanding of each market in not only the present state but also how the market will change over time.
- Create and conduct Brand Portfolio Reviews for the Director’s territory.
- Prepare recommendations to the executive team as part of the annual budgeting and planning process. The Director is accountable for the quality of the leasing deals recommended.
- Presents deals and markets to the real estate committee for approval and prepare deal packages for presentation. The Director is accountable for the quality and accuracy of information within the package and for the quality of presentation to the committee.
- Work with attorneys to negotiate and obtain lease and document execution.
- Assist design and construction teams with tracking and facilitating store development to ensure cost savings, efficiencies, and on time openings. Is accountable to ensure data given to functional and cross-functional team members is accurate and timely to achieve lowest cost buildout.
- Networks with industry professionals, landlords, other specialty and big box retailers and industry associations. Is accountable for staying informed of business and industry trends to maximize portfolio and deal quality
- Experienced in utilizing data, analytics and modeling to add fact-based decision making to real estate planning and negotiations.
- Experienced in making brick and mortar real estate decisions through an Omni-channel lens.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of success in growing and developing a real estate territory. Please include your deal sheet with your resume submittal.
- Professional work experience that indicates the ability to perform to the expectations of the role as described above.
- Ability to travel by car or plane to meet with developers and landlords and market tour as needed. Travel will be intermittent but may be as high as 50% at times.
- Financial or analytical background is a plus.
- Understanding of Real Estate Life Cycle Systems is a plus.
Company: Bed Bath & Beyond
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Union, New Jersey, US
Application Deadline: N/A