Website Big Lots Stores
Manages the departmental shift preventative maintenance and repair activities within the distribution center in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring and supervision of Housekeepers, Utility Workers and Maintenance Technicians; provides training, sets performance goals and provides evaluative feedback to all direct reports.
- Prioritizes, communicates and assigns all shift work assignments to associates; monitors and controls departmental expenses including overtime to meet or exceed financial plan.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals for Housekeepers, Utility Workers and Maintenance Technicians.
- Initiates, conducts and seeks appropriate approvals involving disciplinary action up to and including terminations of all D&TS associates within assigned area.
- Ensures maintenance-level compliance with key company standards of safety, facility maintenance, postings/notifications and other administrative duties as identified and/or as directed by the MGR, Maintenance and Building Services.
- Communicates with external vendors and contractors regarding proposed contracted work, job bids, job status and parts availability.
- Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center’s shrinkage performance.
- Assumes all supervisory responsibilities concerning Human Resources policies and wage administration including daily and weekly KRONOS payroll processing.
- One to three years previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a Distribution Center strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of industrial maintenance operations required.
- Working knowledge of general Distribution Center operations required.
- Previous Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) knowledge preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical AC/DC electrical circuitry, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, conveyor and forklift maintenance required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Montgomery, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A