Website Big Lots Stores
Utilizes computer screen, RF terminals or hard copy reports to process merchandise with the aid of manual and/or powered material handling equipment as directed by DC Supervisor. Receives, stocks and distributes merchandise and other inventory for shipment to the stores.
- Utilizes RF units, scanners, CRTs or hard copy reports to record in an accurate manner the movement of all merchandise from the time it is received until it is selected and distributed.
- Operates various manual and/or powered material handling equipment to transport pallets of merchandise within the distribution center as directed.
- Moves empty pallets and storage racks as necessary to a specified location and stacks them in a neat and orderly manner.
- Audits, verifies and completes a variety of production paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required. Work is performed under defined and uniform procedures.
- Exhibits reasonable care and operation of powered material handling equipment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties within the department and assigned designated areas to ensure a safe and appropriate working environment.
- Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement while performing daily job duties.
- Good English, reading and math skills required. Previous computer and/or scanning experience would be helpful.
- Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operators license. Ability to immediately operate various powered material handling equipment in a correct and safe fashion is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass physical abilities test for designated area. 4. Must have 20/20 vision or corrected vision to 20/20 and depth perception. Must not have a fear of heights.
- Flexibility to operate all powered material handling equipment to include but not limited to tuggers, sit-down, stand-up and turret side loaders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and meet production, safety and accuracy standards required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within the Distribution Center environment including walking, bending and lifting (minimum of 60 pounds) is required. Furniture associates are required to lift a minimum of 60 pounds, with heavy lifting up to 110 pounds.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A