Website Big Lots Stores
Performs general store operational duties including cashiering, customer service, truck unloading, stocking, merchandise recovery, and light cleaning or maintenance as assigned.
- Greets and assists customers as needed in order to maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Maintains and operates point-of-sale systems efficiently and accurately.
- Drives customer loyalty program participation, including sign ups and rewards processing at check-out.
- Participates in the freight flow process including truck unloading, stocking, merchandise presentation and recovery.
- Participates in furniture department operations including carry-outs and display assembly as needed.
- Maintains appearance of the store’s interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
- Performs daily front-end maintenance including check stand cleanliness, replenishment of merchandise and supplies and floor safety.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Store Leadership, such as cart retrieval, shrink control and safety-related tasks
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Previous experience operating a cash register preferred.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
- Basic English literacy and math skills required.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A