Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a Cafe Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the Cafe. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by supporting the store manager and ensure the team provides exceptional customer service through our four core service principles. You deliver operational excellence in your Cafe to maximize sales, profitability and productivity. You help to recruit and select the best talent for your cafe. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
- Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Control shrink, expenses and payroll and hold the café team accountable to do the same.
- Optimize every sales opportunity by ensuring the café team consistently executes café merchandising strategy, café operations and other company initiatives.
- Assist with investigating and effectively resolving customer and employee issues keeping in line with our core values and in partnership with the store manager.
- Ensure that product quality and third-party standards are executed and maintained
- Motivate and train café team to ensure superior levels of safety, cleanliness, and quality
- Execute the scheduling and deployment of café servers to ensure that all team members work effectively to provide superior customer service and achieve productivity goals
- Assist with recruiting, selecting and developing high-caliber talent through training, coaching and assignments.
- Mentor café servers, and expect them to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors
- Assess facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
- Manage inventory levels, receiving, purchasing, waste control, and equipment maintenance and repair
- Create a culture of pro-active customer engagement to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Deliver and grow café sales and other business metrics year-over-year.Supports implementation of cost, quality, and service improvement initiative.
- Partner with store manager to evaluate employee performance and proactively address any issues
- Strong delegation, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Ability to multi-task
- Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two years of management experience, preferably in food service or hospitality.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Bloomingdale, IL, USA
Application Deadline: N/A