Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Construction Representative – I&E located in Carlsbad, New Mexico or Pecos, Texas through September 6, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
The I&E Construction Representative position is responsible for day-to-day oversite of activities related to project construction work executed by contractors.The Construction Representative is responsible for ensuring that MCBU’s construction, safety, quality and efficiency standards are adhered to during all construction activities.Contributes to developing and mentoring of Facilities Engineering employees.Works collaboratively in a team of Facilities Engineers, Construction Representatives and HES Specialists.MCBU’s Construction Representatives work with the Engineering and Operations groups to coordinate project work to reduce downtime and associated production losses.MCBU Construction Representatives are expected actively participate in project design as well project execution phases. Additionally, MCBU provides development opportunities for many Chevron disciplines, as such MCBU’s Construction Representatives are expected to play an active role in mentoring early career Facilities Engineers and other Construction Reps.Apply Human Performance principles to deliver safety expectations for all projects, with specific emphasis on SIF prevention.Respond to emergency situations.Regular travel to various field locations. This is a primarily field/construction-site location-based position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge and application of NFPA70 and NFPA70E
- Construction site experience developing and using SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), PTW (permit-to-work) systems, JSAs (Job Safety Analysis), SIMOPS, risk mitigation plans, contractor safety and safety work processes related to facilities construction activities.
- Must have strong safety focus and demonstrate safety leadership behaviors.
- A minimum of 5 years of I&E construction experience
- Must be proficient in Office 365 and OneNote.
- Ability and willingness to drive and work outside in hot summers and cold winters
- I&E construction experience and job knowledge associated with oil and gas greenfield and brownfield projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to lead, organize and plan construction activities
- Ability to effectively influence contractor management of safety, quality and efficiency at the job site.
- Experience with overhead power distribution systems and industrial electrical and control systems.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Understanding of the application of construction contracts
- Ability to work as a team, e.g., resolve issues, collaborate, mentor and support cross-functional teams.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Carlsbad, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A