The Facility Security Officer is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and execution of the Facility Security Plans for terrorist actions, violence at the workplace, bomb threats, natural disasters, labor actions, and others; the Facility Risk and Vulnerability Assessment, and the Facility Security Plan to ensure compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations Title 33, Parts 105 and 125 (Maritime Transportation Security Act and International Ship and Port Facility Security Code) as well as Chevron Corporate Policy 570; Security of Personnel and Assets element 1 and portions of Element 11 (Emergency Management).
- Managing the Security functions and Communication System for the refinery.
- Serves as the security subject matter expert and liaison with various government agencies at all levels (local, state, federal), including law enforcement, fire departments, industry peers and various security contractors.
- Keep current on all legislative, regulatory and company polices and issues dealing with Security, providing analysis and interpretation.
- Responsible for and owns the Operational Excellence security process for the Refinery (Security of Personnel and Assets).
- Respond and manage security emergencies, both on-site and off.
- It is the Refinery Representative on investigative activities and coordinates and administers the visitor/contractor/employee pass system.
- Must be able to obtain California Driver’s license within 1 month of hire date.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) within 1 month of hire date.
- Must be able to obtain a Facility Security Officer training certification within 3 months of the hire date.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates that have demonstrated relationships with local agencies.
- Solid technical knowledge of security and emergency response regulations.
- Experience in interpreting and complying with regulations and company policies and implementing programs.
- Must have skills to coordinate several complex projects and activities at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the assigned workplace from hourly workers to facility management.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to deliver written updates on items of importance to refinery management on a regular basis and communicate proactively to refinery population on a variety of security topics.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and education equivalent to a minimum of 5 years in a law enforcement or security capacity either in a private, public or military setting.
- High School Diploma is required.
- It is preferred that the candidate have demonstrated supervisory experience in full time law enforcement, military, or security.
- It is preferred that candidates also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Business, Homeland Security, or Criminal Justice.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A