The Senior Manager, Performance Development will oversee Chevron’s global Performance Management program and drive a holistic strategy that influences and sustains a high-performance culture. The Manager will support the evolution of Performance Management at Chevron to a more progressive model, incorporating best practices into the program and ensuring Performance Management is integrated with development, business strategy, and total rewards. He or she will coach our leaders on how to successfully have ongoing, development-focused performance conversations with their employees. In addition, the incumbent will lead the measurement and analysis of success against intended goals and will manage design and implementation of Performance Management processes, communication, training and related technology systems.
- Approve annual communications, learning resources and marketing approaches to promote the Performance Management program and support the capabilities/full utilization of our tools and processes.
- Coach leaders on writing performance reviews and holding meaningful ongoing conversations with their employees.
- Continue assessment of program design options, identify and execute solutions that will drive the strategy, and implement improvements in a way that will balance with other Talent/HR processes and tools.
- Design high potential identification and validation sessions to ensure objective talent decisions are made in a fair and transparent manner.
- Drive the cultural transformation of Performance Management moving from a bi-annual HR activity to a more progressive, ongoing process that supports talent pipelining.
- Identify and implement learning that meets the needs of today’s workforce leveraging the multiple channels of communication and training currently available.
- Leverage updates to Performance Management as a way to continue driving behavior change with employees and leaders.
- Manage any large-scale implementations of Talent and Performance Management initiatives that impact departments or the entire organization.
- Manage ongoing review of the Performance Management program to incorporate new Workday functionality where needed.
- Manage the ongoing Performance Management process ensuring leaders and employees are informed, trained and coached on all aspects of the value chain e.g. goal setting, regular check ins, mid-year assessments and performance ratings, year-end reward evaluation etc.
- Manage the process of Performance Management policy development and deployment globally.
- Partner with Management, leaders and HR group(s) to promote effectiveness of the Performance Management program enterprise wide.
- Partner with leaders and HR Business Partners on creating performance improvement plans to close performance gaps.
- Provide input in the development of Chevron’s Invest in People Strategy and Human Resource strategies and plans that are aligned with and support performance.
- Provide interpretation and equitable application of HR policy and work rules as well as the planning, coordination and global deployment of Performance Management and Development processes and practices.
- Provide the ongoing change leadership necessary to evolve our culture and the behaviors of leaders and employees to a more progressive approach to managing performance and development.
- Serve as a member of the Learning & Talent COE leadership team that is responsible for establishing and implementing the global Learning & Talent Management strategies.
- Serve as liaison with HR Learning & Development team and Personnel Development Committees to support all development and training initiatives.
- 15+ years talent management experience. (2 – 3 of which should be in a lead or manager role).
- Ability to collaborate across organizations and form strong trusted relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders; viewed as credible HR/Talent Management practitioner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Management at all levels in a variety of complex situations to recommend HR strategies.
- Effective change management and communication skills.
- Experience in consulting and coaching to shape and reinforce behaviors of leaders, supervisors, and employees.
- Experience in leading through influence and managing diverse, global stakeholders, and teams.
- Experience in shaping and leading strategic initiatives that involve significant change within a global organization.
- Experience with Performance Management administrative systems and tools.
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field required.
- Proven ability to proactively develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Understanding of and demonstrated experience with Performance Management programs and Talent Management processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading company-wide Performance Management processes and/or programs, ideally in a global/enterprise setting.
- In-depth knowledge on how HR systems, processes, and programs are inter-connected.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: San Ramon, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A