The Security Advisor – Executive Protection and Special Projects, supports the Global Executive and Employee Protection Program and travels with the Chairman and other Executives as directed (international and domestic travel from 30 – 40% of the time). The Security Advisor also develops and supports security plans related to identified special projects and other high-profile events conducted locally and across the enterprise.
- Conducts advances and provides protective services in support of the Executive Protection Program, to ensure the effective execution of residential, work, and travel security programs
- Provides travel safety and security briefings to flight crews traveling abroad; Conducts airport security assessments at new destinations
- Handles special projects designated by the Manager – Executive Protection and Special Projects, such as Annual Stockholder Meetings, International Board Meetings, World Petroleum Congress (WPC), and other high profile conferences or venues attracting high security exposure
- Conducts threat & vulnerability assessments on domestic travel itineraries for senior executives; Provides risk assessments, develops contingency plans, and makes recommendations to mitigate vulnerability; conducts travel advances as appropriate and at the direction of their Supervisor, to ensure safety and security of traveling executives
- Maintains and develops working relationships with Business Unit (BU) management, senior industry peers, government agencies, and with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies
- Provides travel safety and security advice and counsel to U.S. based employees traveling abroad
- Works with the Executive Chauffeurs to ensure coordination and facilitation of executive travel to and from locally covered events. Will also be called upon to conduct transportation security advances and also conduct executive driving services on a case by case basis.
- International security-related professional experience is essential.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing. Must be comfortable interacting with senior level executives, board members and government representatives.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work within a team as well as individually.
- Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate initiative, be able to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work with minimal guidance.
- Candidate must hold a passport and be able to travel internationally (approximately 30-40%).
- Candidate must be eligible to apply for, and successfully complete a federal background check and training to become an Armed Security Officer through the Transportation Security Administration. Complete details can be found at the following link: Armed Security Officer Program.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience (law enforcement; military; private sector) with a depth and breadth of experience in domestic and international executive / dignitary protection, including risk analysis and advance planning.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Electrical
Job Location: San Ramon, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A