This position will be accountable for strategic research, technology development and business engagement to deliver information technology and strategy that differentiates Chevron’s performance and has long term business impact. The successful candidate will be expected to manage projects and small programs and personally apply and grow technical skills in an area of high value IT. They will participate on a team that works closely with the IT R&D Portfolio Manager in establishing and maintaining a program of strategic research and technology development projects. Results will be generated by working closely with domain experts in the businesses.
- Identification of internal & external influences from business and technology which have mid-to-long term impact on Technology Management at Chevron.
- Influencing the development of technical competencies as aligned with emerging information technologies.
- Leading emerging technology alignment with architecture, asset plans and portfolio planning cycles.
- Maturing emerging technologies to a specific level of maturity, generating organizational awareness and longer term ownership in asset teams.
- Piloting emerging information technologies in partnership with IT Assets, embedded IT and OPCO partners to execute Chevron’s IT technology strategies.
- Deep understanding of one or more lines of Chevron business.
- Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree.
- SCRUM Certification
- Some travel will be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience applying emerging technology innovation to evaluate and develop new technologies into solutions that provide new business capability. Successful innovations work in partnership with IT Assets owners while delivering value for Chevron business processes both within the IT function and throughout the enterprise. Candidate shall have a broad working knowledge of multiple technologies including but not limited to cloud, HPC, Internet of Things, process automation, optimization, mobility, software engineering and a variety infrastructure technologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Analyst
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A