Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Measurement Specialist located at the Delaware PT located near Carlsbad, NM through September 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.Install, commission, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and maintain all gas and liquid measurement equipment including but not limited to: Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM), samplers, wizard controllers, antennas, solar panels, SCADA, oil and dry flow meters, orifice plate, meter tubes, temperature probes, surface safety devices, radio communications.Prepare reports and records of work performed.Perform sampling and associated witnessing of custody transfer meters.Provide labor and material requirements, and cost estimates.Partner with other employees, purchasers, and contractors to ensure all gas measurement, and related equipment is operating at peak efficiency.Participate in measurement roundtables at various locations.Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to create work orders for inventory and work planning, and prioritization.Assure all work performed adheres to Chevrons Operational Excellent standards and regulatory requirements.Drives on a routine basis.Other duties as assigned.Work schedule is 8/6
- Minimum of six months current experience in an oil and gas related industry working with high pressure gas and/or liquid operational measurement equipment, and handling and sampling procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Must live within 50 miles of the work location or be willing to relocate and possess a valid driver’s license. Company vehicle will not be available for commute.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime based on work load.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two plus years current experience in an oil and gas related industry working with high pressure gas and/or liquid operational measurement equipment, and handling and sampling procedures.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong recordkeeping skills.
- Strong working knowledge of American Gas Association procedures.
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, aptitude for learning new software packages.
- Associates degree in Math, Computer Science, Instrumentation or technology discipline.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Carlsbad, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A