As a Cloud Operations Engineer at Staples, you will be part of an exciting initiative to adopt and implement Cloud strategies for one of the top ecommerce companies in the United States. Our Public Cloud Adoption program is one of Staples’ critical initiatives in 2019. This multi-year program will drive critical technology and tangible business value utilizing the latest cloud technologies. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Cloud Operations Engineers who want to grow their career and work with cutting edge tools and technologies while contributing to this expansive transformation.
- Support the Enterprise Tools and SRE teams on Staples Cloud journey, including the impact on infrastructure, networks and security
- Proactively perform analysis and identify opportunities to innovate, automate, improve efficiency, and achieve cost savings
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis and cloud portfolio review
- Design, develop, and implement infrastructure availability and performance monitoring to ensure optimal platform uptime and performance
- Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and monitoring tools to proactively recommend opportunities for adding business value
- Research, analyze and recommend approaches for solving difficult and challenging cloud operational issues
- Help define development and deployment strategies, including code management, continuous integration and other Dev Ops practices
- Develop and maintain robust knowledge documentation for the Cloud Operations team and its partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with continuous and progressive experience
- 5+ years of related experience working with some of these technologies:
- APM tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, etc.
- Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.
- Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, Couchbase, Redis, MySQL
- Frameworks: Dust/Angular, Nodejs, Springboot
- Log Analytics: Splunk, ELK/Elastic
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Cloud Technologies, at least half of which should be on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Strong hands on experience with Cloud based infrastructure and services (systems, network, provisioning, storage, etc)
- Hands-on experience with tool sets related to automation, orchestration and managing cloud infrastructure (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting various OS (Linux, Windows, Unix, etc) and applications.
- Must have strong experience with programming in one or more scripting languages (i.e. Python, Azure CLI, Powershell, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and administering infrastructure and application monitoring tools that assist in troubleshooting performance and stability issues in a cloud environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Framingham, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A