The Customer Service Associate – Sales Floor delivers excellent customer service by listening to customers, using expertise to help customers, and loading merchandise for customers. Overall, most of this associate’s time is spent interacting with our customers and ensuring they receive the best possible shopping and project planning experience.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits and credit programs, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Generates leads for Project Specialist Exterior (PSE) programs by actively engaging customers in their project needs.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Provides prompt support to all checkout functions, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year of experience working in any department at a Lowe’s retail store.
- 1 year of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, evaluating, and coaching employees.
- 1 year of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
- 1 year of experience in a customer service position at a home improvement or hardware retailer in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of retail experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- Certification in trade related to department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of retail experience in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Albany, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A