This position is responsible for order management for nearly $200 Million in furniture sales. Track and manage transactional and basic furniture orders. Manage order backlog to ensure orders fulfill timely; reconcile aging order backlog, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Manage sales forecast/projected billing status for transactional and basic sales. Exercise judgment and work collaboratively with sales, operations, analysts, project services teams and vendors to ensure orders fulfill timely and bill on schedule. Manage order management of special account assignments. May interface with clients. Ensure compliance to all company and business practices. Provide weekly management status reports and metric updates.
- Tactical responsibilities impacts customer satisfaction, accurate sales forecasting and projected billing.
- Manage new incoming orders to ensure they flow appropriately through the system and the steps leading to delivery &and/or installation.
- Coordinate with furniture operations on order scheduling, backlog and order issues. Manage and resolve open order aging backlog.
- Run reports, track, manage, research and resolve open order issues for transactional and basic orders.
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams, sales, project services, vendors and others.
- Troubleshoot and resolve order issues.
- Manage sales forecast/projected billing for transactional and basic furniture orders.
- Manage order management of special account assignments. Interface with clients.
- Prepare and distribute order status reports and weekly metrics
- Assist Team Manager and Senior Manager, Order Management as needed on special project assignments
- Cross trained on acknowledgement management and processing.
- Participate in special projects as SME as requested by Team Manager, Senior Manager or Director.
- Recommend process improvement to drive and support continuous improvement within the department
- Prefer experience in furniture
- Accounting and order management acumen; Knowledge and understanding of purchasing practices.
- Experience with working effectively in a remote team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer literacy and skills. (Previous experience working with an Enterprise Order Management System, understands mid level interface between systems)
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Degree; Associate degree preferred
- 2-5 years business experience (Order Management, Customer Service, Accounting, project coordination, or furniture operations experience preferred.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales Business Development
Job Location: Largo, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A