Goodwill Industries International (GII) maintains a centralized platform for data analytics in support of the Goodwill network. Relying on member reported monthly and annual data, GII is responsible for maintaining an efficient data collection platform and delivering value analytics and insights for the network and its member affiliates. Having recently transitioned to a new data analytics platform and data model in January of 2020, GII is poised to deliver new and enhanced analytics in support of the Goodwill network. As part of the platform (Gateway) transition and plan for 2020, GII seeks to deliver all previously provided reports and insights in addition to new reports, dashboard and analytics by leveraging Gateway’s primary BI, data visualization tool, Tableau.
- Collaborate with GII business leaders to understand internal reporting needs, analyze data, use measurement techniques, identify KPIs and build reports/dashboards to address business questions.
- Data visualization – Design Tableau dashboards to support business requirements.
- Data analysis – Perform detailed data analysis, understand data structure and content.
- Actively participate in Analytics team meetings and strategy discussions.
- Support the Analytics team’s objectives for a strong analytics presence at Goodwill’s Summer Leaning Event.
- Knowledge on Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Design or development experience with Tableau, including dashboards, reports, and/or front-end visualizations.
- Database development experience including Custom SQL design, PLSQL, and/or Data Modeling is preferred.
- Tableau report development.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies , filters, Calculated fields, Sets , Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Interfacing of Tableau Dashboard with external portal and applications.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A