The Material Specialist maintains the warehouse and stores stock with the Aircraft Maintenance Department in all Materiel Operations to ensure adequate supply of materials.
- Load aircraft tires, brakes, and related aircraft parts and materials.
- Monitor and update stock items, minimum and maximum stock levels, and coordinates stock level adjustments with Aircraft Maintenance, Purchasing, and/or other departments within the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform inventory audits, inspections, and reconciliations of materials based on direction from leadership.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Ability to work flexible shifts, travel and/or work variable hours including holiday and weekends.
- Depending on location you may be required to pass an International Air Transport Association (IATA) or Department of Transportation (DOT) approved Hazardous Materiel Training Course and maintain recurrent training of the course
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Successfully pass the Materials and General Maintenance Manual (GMM) training courses
- Ability to use handheld two way radios, headsets and/or phone
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge for all Blue Materiel cities.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Available for overnight travel (50%)
- Successfully pass Hazmat Awareness course
- Pass and maintain rating and be able to drive forklifts (4 (four) K to 18 (eighteen) K) tugs, trucks, and other vehicles
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Boston, MA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A