Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
As Gateway Software Lead you will lead development and sustainment of software in the Gateway Program. Leads integrated architecture across software subsystems from NASA and vendors to meet program needs, and is responsible for integrating and resolving issues between Level 2 (Gateway Program) and Level 3 (Module Project) software, management of data models, and plays an important role in software related issues such as integrated vehicle security and computer based control systems requirements.
- In addition to the basic education requirement (shown below), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above. GS-14: To qualify for GS-14, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level developing, designing, and/or managing software systems for human spacecraft;
- Resolving complex issues, which may include some or all of developing trade studies, activity plans for problem resolution, and risk mitigation plans; and, managing issue resolution activities involving diverse and conflicting stakeholder groups and presenting the results and recommendations to senior management. GS-15:
- To qualify for GS-15, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level leading teams to develop, design, troubleshoot, and manage software systems for human spacecraft; participating in activities in the systems engineering life cycle, including requirements development and/or verification and milestone design reviews; and, developing content for and executing program/project management budget cycles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Your resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you meet the required specialized experience.
- Experience statements copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and may result in disqualification and losing consideration for the job.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A