- Provide input into the planning process
- Liaise with Project Engineers on maintenance issues.
- Provide technical input in to modification work packs.
- Support the planning, issue and control of work permits
- Report all HSE incidents and advise and assist on incident investigations
- Answer technical queries and guide Sub-contract personnel on maintenance and best practices
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority to support Training and Development of selected Sub-contract personnel.
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority. Diagnose and rectify faults to enhance maximum availability of equipment.
- Focal point for improvement opportunities within own discipline, liaising with training suppliers, vendors and
- Petrofac’s support personnel.
- Diploma or HNC in a relevant technical discipline
- Exposure to overseas operations and working with a diverse workforce
- 8 year experience of leading and as Authorized Person for major lifting operation.
- 15 years of experience in Construction on industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry projects which should be construction site based.
- Inspect and certify appointed Project lifting and rigging equipment.
- Review and approval of lifting plans in support of Project deliverables.
- Audit potential sub-contractors, their practices, procedures and their holdings of lifting equipment.
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Review and approve Method Statements and Risk analysis ensuring compliance with submitted Rigging studies.
- Create a maintenance management plan for the required inspections of associated Project lifting equipment.
- Comply with client procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment.
- Plan and forecast with appointed sub-contractors overall Project crane requirements including daily coordination with regards to crane access, movements and ensuring interface between subcontractors is maintained.
- The successful Supervision and execution of all lifting operations throughout the site. These operations will include major heavy lifts, significant lifts of equipment as part of the routine construction and day to day lifting of minor loads.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Basra, Iraq
Application Deadline: N/A