Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ERP – Process Control Engineer located in Pasadena, Texas through 9/10/19 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Identify and resolve control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization (instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Provide daily process control support for console operators.
- Identify and capture opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the operating area through process control improvements.
- Tuning of control loops, support of Emerson distributed control systems (DCS), and assistance in training console operators.
- Act as a mentor/resource for refinery process and control engineers. Influences and improves work processes for a global refining technical system.
- Train refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Maintain and grow process control skills by attending onsite and offsite training.
- Strong technical/analytical skills, with proven record of innovative problem solving and proactive system improvement.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline.
- 5+ years of knowledge of process control fundamentals, including design, configuration, support and programming of Emerson distributed control systems (DCS).
- Ability to work with others and build relationships across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of assignments for individual team members and groups, and to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to create and promotes an environment of trust, teamwork and inclusiveness through actions and behaviors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Rotational On-Call support required
- Candidates should understand and reinforce the importance of the fundamentals (e.g., safety, procedures, routine duties, environmental compliance, incident investigations, etc.).
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators, is highly desirable.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience working with refinery process control systems may be considered in lieu of formal education and training.
- Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of advanced process control techniques and tools, as well a strong understanding of refinery processes.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Pasadena, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A