Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- The Product Ops team is charged with solving the largest problems across our Last Mile Delivery platform by utilizing world-class technology and leveraging Walmart’s scaled operations and infrastructure. We collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop solutions for our core users (customers, associates and drivers) which enables us to add maximum customer value and achieve our business goals. We are moving quickly to lead in the same day delivery space in the US (our last mile fleet will cover 50% of the US population by the end of the year) and our
- Product Ops team is at the center of this innovative/entrepreneurial acceleration. We focus on hiring and developing passionate leaders, who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to work through ambiguity. In this role you will spend roughly half of your time on business strategy related tasks and the other half of your time on Product Management related activities.
- Aligns with PMs and User Experience teams on design. Ensure that operational and business requirements are achieved
- Develops a strategic product roadmap against the defined annual strategy and highlights key problem or opportunity areas
- Ensure release notes are communicated and Production testing plan is executed
- Partners with business analysts to deep-dive problem areas and documents business, operations & data requirements along with the cost of delay
- Prioritizes initiatives based on impact and partners with Product Managers (PMs) to develop agile backlog
- Communicate releases broadly to stakeholders and ensure appropriate testing plan is in place
- Plans workload and participates in agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives
- Align with technical program management team on progress reporting and process
- Partners with business leadership to define strategies, key initiatives and KPIs for the fiscal year
Qualification & Experience:
- Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area. Preferred Qualifications…
- Supervising AssociatesMasters: EconomicsProject Management – Project Management Professional – Certification
- Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: San Bruno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A