Website Rite Aid
As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. . The role of community pharmacies in the health care industry continues to evolve as does the role of the Pharmacy Technician. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
- Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Pharmacy Technician
Job Location: Dayton, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A