The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and directly managing a department in client service, people development, sales, productivity, operational and human resource functions. They assume Store Manager responsibilities when assigned.
- Demonstrate and model excellent client service and sales floor leadership standards.
- Develop strategies to grow business in their assigned department, leveraging the customer loyalty program, events, product knowledge and services.
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly sales results with Store Manager and communicate to staff members.
- Address and document performance issues and policy violations in a consistent and timely manner.
- Deliver quarterly development meetings to staff and Supervisors in assigned department.
- Engaged in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process.
- Ensure a coaching culture is present that includes timely acknowledgement of successes, and feedback on opportunities.
- Maintains (with Store Manager) optimum store staffing levels to deliver an exceptional client experience while adhering to budgetary goals.
- Train, develop, delegate to, supervise and motivate staff members and Supervisors.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of management/supervisory experience in the retail/service industry.
- A High School graduate or equivalent, while a College degree is preferred.
- Ability to analyze sales trends and react appropriately.
- Education and product experience in skincare, make-up and fragrance is desirable.
- Effective time management, problem solving and communication skills are essential.
- Previous experience in recruiting, staffing and hiring across all store positions, including leadership.
- Proficiency in Windows, Word and Excel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A