The Catering Coordinator is a Non-Affiliated Associate who is a main point of contact for receiving and recording all catering orders that are placed in person, on the phone or online. The Catering Coordinator must consistently be personable and a role model for hospitality in the store – with Associates and clients, as well as provide attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate equipment and merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Maintain signage on all items to alert Customers to product choices and ingredients.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Utilize social media, and local events to continue to grow the ShopRite Kitchen catering brand.
- Utilize Wakefern resources as necessary, taking part in all training opportunities – online or in-person.
- Have product knowledge, (i.e. servings, amounts, cost, and complimentary items to suggest).
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Develop and maintain Customer relationship processes, such as phone calls and hand written notes following an event to ensure satisfaction, reminder notes related to annual events such as birthdays, etc.
- Maintain communication with Department Managers regarding orders/changes or any issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the Catering operation (i.e. wearing approved hat or hair net, gloves, etc.).
- Manage the flow of catering orders – from the Customer and production side of the business.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Catering Operations.
- Provide Customers with superior service.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Utilize Wakefern’s Order Ready On-Line catering tool to maximize data tracking.
- Perform all duties in accordance with ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Coordinate, schedule and communicate all pick-ups and deliveries to the Client, Department Managers, Customer Service, etc.
- Be knowledgeable in the Company’s HAZCOM program and perform all duties in accordance with manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Resourceful, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to use the telephone for over-the-phone orders.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Have strong hospitality skills with a commitment to the delivery of excellent client services.
- Ability to use the computer for online orders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Coordinator
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A