Website Southwest Airlines
This role will support the department’s communication initiatives, which include planning, writing, cross-functional coordination, seeking input and approval, monitoring social channels, and reporting/tracking communication. This role will partner closely with Labor Communication Team Members, Negotiating Teams, Operation Leaders, Communication Advisors, and external Stakeholders to develop/delivery communications and update plans.
- Actively participates in meetings and departmental functions as necessary to ensure successful results for the department.
- Assess the effectiveness of communication initiatives by monitoring traffic stats.
- Assist with updating and reviewing the Labor Negotiations website for relevancy, consistency, and accuracy.
- Develop and provide training to internal Customers on appropriate use, content, design, workflows, and changes associated with communication platforms.
- Manage the design and maintenance of a feedback mechanism ensuring inquiries receive a response in a timely manner.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Monitor industry news and union communications relating to labor negotiations.
- Monitor, document, and archive incoming and outgoing labor communications.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Provide support to the Labor Communication and Negotiating Teams, and stay abreast of relevant events, topics, and issues.
- Support development of the Department’s communication strategy, plans, and messaging approach.
- Write and design communications for Leaders and Employees, including memos, letters, negotiation updates, toolkits, presentations, digital signs, resource guides, pamphlets, video scripts, banners, and articles.
- Ability to present in large or small settings.
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver, and great communicator with a heart for helping others.
- Must be able to complete individual projects and other assignments autonomously
- Must be available to travel as needed.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with superb ability to proofread and correct errors with minimal supervision
- Must be technically proficient with Microsoft Office products– especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate a strategic thought process; proactive initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and ability to tie results to business objectives.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain thorough knowledge in specialized area.
- Must meet confidentiality expectations pertaining to confidential, proprietary and sensitive Company information.
- Must take ownership and accountability and also be able to work as part of a Team.
- Works well with Internal and External Customers to achieve the goals of Southwest Airlines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred 2 Years Developing executive presentations preferred
- Required 2 Years Writing and editing print/digital media for Employees or Customers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Corporate
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A