Website Southwest Airlines
The Community Outreach Lead will consult and advise the Southwest team/s so as to ensure Southwest Airlines is recognized as a global trusted citizen which fosters authentic relationships that empower communities to thrive. They will represent Southwest Airlines across the state! At Southwest Airlines, we connect people to what matters most in their lives. The Community Outreach Team is the face of the Company in the communities we serve and are highly visible as they build strong relationships with elected officials and civic and community organizations. They are expected to play leadership roles within a wide array of organizations and establish a steady and consistent presence across all islands by developing and nurturing authentic relationships.
- Create a sustainable competitive advantage for the Southwest Airlines brand by effectively reaching and influencing key audiences that delivers on key business performance indicators.
- Create strategic plan for the allocation and deployment of Outreach resources and provide counsel back to the business on when and where company should engage
- Demonstrate cultural competency to guide the business in the global Southwest Airlines network.
- Design strategic analysis / impact reporting
- Engage socially and facilitate opportunities to interact with key policy-makers, officials, thought-leaders, and partners to build long-term relationships.
- Engage with stakeholders enterprise-wide to identify opportunities to leverage resources and drive the business to achieve mutually beneficial objectives through key outreach initiatives.
- Guide Leadership engagement strategy development and implementation
- Identify challenges and emerging issues and work with Leadership team to develop solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies
- Identify opportunities to leverage legislative/political relationships that benefit the company and work with Governmental Affairs to maintain market influence
- Identify strategic opportunities, assessing and demonstrating the viability of partnerships and/or activity to determine appropriate action; and overseeing the launch of associated events
- Manage a portfolio of relationships and monitor health and quality of relationships
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Research and identify innovative programmatic opportunities that deepen engagement and bolster business
- Serve as an intermediary and subject matter expert to address issues, ranging from routine to contentious, and act as corporate representative to mitigate risk and solve complex issues, demonstrating integrity in addressing the issue.
- Work directly with peers, corporate officers, the CEO, and board of directors to advise and counsel on local business and social issues.
- Ability to develop and manage projects effectively and efficiently with little supervision
- Ability to focus on outcomes/ results; set measurable goals and objectives; and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with and lead a cross-functional and cross-departmental Team
- Aligns organizational resources to create timely strategies that deliver measurable business results
- Communicates for buy-in at all levels of Leadership across the organization, and able to translate broad objectives into specific action plans.
- Creatively and collaboratively solve problems
- Demonstrates autonomy by delivering the Outreach strategy, and engaging with internal and external Customers to execute
- Demonstrates personal credibility and ability to network effectively, working with people at all levels of influence
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills
- Must work well with others as part of a Team
- Serves as a subject matter expert in their field and understands the business, advising at a deep level
- Serves as liaison between Communications and other departments to ensure that consistent communication is achieved
- Supports the creation and maintenance of Outreach strategy by assisting the highest level of department Leadership and works with all levels of Employees as necessary
- Thinks strategically and actively applies to projects
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Community Affairs, Public Affairs, hospitality, travel & tourism
- Must be able to travel daily/weekly to neighbor islands (mainland travel will be required as needed) (required)
- Must have intimate knowledge of the marketplace, history, and culture of the islands of Hawaii.
- This role will need to be available for Mainland/HDQ office hours for conference calls (Central Time Zone), as well as the ability to network and attend community functions days/nights/weekends as needed (required) (required)
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Corporate
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A