Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Ramp Agents provide legendary Customer service by handling cargo and baggage service, directing and servicing aircraft and related activities on the airport ramp.
- Cleans and services lavatories, operates lavatory carts and disposes of contents in accordance with established procedures;
- Handles all aspects of loading, stowing and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually from an Operations Agent;
- Loads, unloads, services, guides, and directs Company Aircraft;
- Manually pushes and pulls push carts and containers;
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods of time.
- May perform duties of a Provisioning Agent, including stocking aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as literature, disposal, and refuse containers and commissary items in accordance with applicable paperwork. Maintains an inventory of such items and supplies;
- Operates and/or drives motorized equipment, such as belt loaders, air start units, lift trucks, push back tugs, bag cart, lavatory cart and de-icers;
- Performs interior aircraft cabin cleaning by hand, including sweeping upholstery, cleans windows, galleys and disposal containers in accordance with applicable paperwork;
- Picks up, delivers, and transports cargo and baggage to and from aircraft and prepares records in connection with these responsibilities;
- Receives and records Customer baggage, air freight, mail and company materials as required;
- Reviews cargo forms for accuracy and corrects forms as necessary;
- Safeguards Customers’ baggage, air cargo, air mail, and COMAT from weather, loss, theft, damage and/or destruction;
- Submits, either electronically or manually, a Cargo Bin Loading Slip (CBLS) to an Operations Agent;
- Transports cabin and cleaning equipment between aircraft storage area;
- Uses jetway stairs frequently to carry items checked at the gate to the aircraft bin;
- Warehouses, weighs, stacks, picks up and delivers air cargo, checks air cargo handled against accompanying forms to identify any mishandling or discrepancies and corrects routine errors;
- Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, hangars and airfreight facilities, both indoors and outdoors;
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment;
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment;
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Ramp Agent training program with a 90% or greater average and an evaluation period.
- This is a union position covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU).
- You will need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime;
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Airport Operations
Job Location: Flushing, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A