Website Southwest Airlines
Responsible for project management of the Human Resource (HR) technology solution across the People Department. This individual will partner with cross-functional Teams in support of a broad HR transformation effort to achieve organizational efficiencies and enhance the Employee experience. Key responsibilities include defining initiative scope and objectives, managing resourcing and budgeting, assigning individual responsibilities, managing accountability, managing project plans and roadmaps, identifying and managing dependencies and risks, tracking initiative health and performance, and managing governance, and ensuring information is disseminated appropriately.
- Consult with project Leaders to gauge process on initiatives and priorities, identifying risks and providing mitigation strategies and tactical action items to address the risk.
- Consults with People Leaders to gauge progress on initiatives, priorities, etc., identifying risks and advising on action items.
- Coordinate and lead project status meetings (e.g., Monarch Executive Steering Committee, People Department Leadership, the Monarch
- Program Management Office) by scheduling meetings providing status reports, facilitating discussions, escalating critical issues, and maintaining detailed notes capturing key decisions, resolutions and action items.
- Develop and closely manage detailed project plans, identifying milestones, key drivers, timelines, resource needs, actionable deliverables, ideal outcomes and measurements of success for the Business.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of the People Department to ensure the ability to identify risks, develop mitigation-plans, and be forward.
- Develops and delivers project plans, trend reports, dashboards, presentations, communication strategies, etc. as needed for initiatives.
- Manage risk associated with program planning by identifying and forecasting problems, evaluating and recommending solutions, and implementing the appropriate course of action.
- Manage the development, tracking, reporting, and analysis of project goals, outcomes, and performance metrics.
- Manage the major technology transformation initiative that is focused on gaining operational efficiencies and enhancing the Employee experience including, but not limited to, Employee Services, Benefits Automation, Recruiting Enablement, Travel Management and Leave
- Management, and Talent Acquisition.
- Manages smaller projects and delegates tasks, as needed.
- Partner with Change Management resource to develop change, communications and training strategy to ensure end-user adoption.
- Prepare materials and presentations for governance meetings (e.g., Monarch Executive Steering Group).
- Prepares materials and presentations for SMC, Board of Directors and Senior Leadership meetings.
- Serve as the central point of contact for stakeholders, advocating strategic HRT value and managing expectations for delivery across internal and external project Teams.
- Stays abreast of trends in HR making recommendations to improve thought leadership, processes, methodologies, etc.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work proactively and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set program goals and milestones and work independently to meet or exceed these goals.
- Ability to track and execute multiple project /work streams while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Challenge assumptions and goals in a constructive manner with appropriate data and resources.
- Keep Leadership up-to-date on project status considering the nuances of each internal Customer.
- Marshal resources (People, materials and support) to accomplish complex tasks.
- Must be able to partner and collaborate across Teams (e.g., Senior Business Leaders, HR Business Partners, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employee Services).
- Must have project management skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint including pivot tables, formulas, mail merge, transposing, etc.
- Present compelling arguments to support decisions with data to back up proposed solutions.
- Understand and meet internal/external Stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years of HR generalist experience or advanced HR experience in functional roles such as Employee engagement and retention, training and development, recruiting, strategic planning required
- 3 years of consulting experience required
- 8 years of professional experience required
- Advanced degree (Masters) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience building presentations, agendas, etc. for senior leader – level meetings
- Experience leading projects and meetings
- Experience of technology terminology and processes preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: HR
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A