Website Southwest Airlines
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for the overall supervision, training, and support of assigned aircraft maintenance personnel. Works closely with the Manager/Sr Manager Maintenance to achieve goals of the department and meet or exceed performance metrics of the Team.
- Approves required payroll documents.
- Assures Compliance with all applicable polices set forth in Southwest Technical Operations Handbook
- Assures Maintenance documentation of work performed is entered into computer base prior to aircraft departure.
- Assures all work performed during the assigned shift is in accordance with approved Maintenance procedures.
- Assures that all RII items are properly documented.
- Assures that all deferred maintenance items have the required parts and labor hours recorded.
- Complies with SWA Safety and EPA practices, and maintains a safe work environment.
- Complies with TSA security requirements to ensure facilities and aircraft are secure.
- Comply with Station weekly Line and Hangar audits.
- Coordinate with Command Center for all operational issues.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance requirements with all pertinent Company Departments, specifically through Maintenance Control, to advise the current maintenance status of the aircraft.
- Effectively communicates process changes and procedures to their Employees
- Evaluates the need for required overtime and schedules it accordingly.
- Monitors Training Reporting System or Programs for mandatory training to ensure Compliance.
- Monitors productivity and labor hour requirements on the assigned shift, and provides adequate labor hour coverage for the oncoming shift.
- Monitors sick leave and takes the appropriate action when required.
- Monitors the progress of each aircraft and takes necessary action to assure on-time departures.
- Oversee aircraft locations at the terminal and hangar maintenance facility and coordinates with Station Command Center for Flight requirements.
- Oversee aircraft taxi/repositioning operations on the field.
- Provides instruction and on-the-job training as required.
- Responsible for New Hire Evaluation and Feedback.
- Reviews with Lead Mechanics the assigned work packages and adjusts them as required.
- Reviews work packages for completeness and accuracy before all aircraft is returned to service.
- Updates various daily reports within the required systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical reports, instructions, and maintenance documents.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work assignments
- Must be able to establish good working relationships and maintain a positive attitude with assigned personnel.
- Must be able to work in a face paced environment with competing priorities.
- Must be able to work within tight time constraints
- Must be results oriented, and self-motivated
- Must have good decision making skills and confidence to effectively direct the work of the individuals on the Team. Excellent problem-solving skills are a must.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills and the ability to speak in a group situation.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of Supervisory experience preferred
- 5 years of Aircraft Maintenance required
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Maintenance
Job Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A