Website Southwest Airlines
Provides legendary Customer Service by assuring aircraft is provisioned and fully serviced with supplies while in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Attends initial and ongoing training (classroom and on-the-job), and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to gain proficiency.
- Duties may vary by size and organization of Provisioning Station.
- Keeps work area clean by sweeping, mopping, wiping down counter tops and organizing warehouse supplies. Maintains provisioning truck in a clean orderly manner. Prepares for the provisioning of flights by stocking provisioning trucks with items from the warehouse on a frequent basis. Works as a member of lean staff operating out of cities served by the airline.
- Loads and stores multiple bags of ice for loading onto provisioning trucks. Handles 30 or more bags of ice a day per shift.
- Prepares perishable items for stocking on aircraft.
- Responds to internal Customer inquiries.
- Reviews flight information to plan for snack flights. Consolidates snacks which are consumed for future flights. Packs and repacks entertainment kits and assures aircraft is equipped with such kits.
- Wears visual identification required by the Company, prominently displayed for ready recognition.
- Works in warehouse, preparing items for stocking and operating forklift and pallet jacks as necessary. Packs and repacks liquor, beer, wine containers and completes inventory with an electronic device.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or with radio equipment.
- Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand provisioning procedures, rules, and regulations including federal and local security regulations.
- Must be able to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job.
- Must be able to use radio equipment.
- Must be able to work on provisioning trucks and provisioning stands at heights of 10 feet or above.
- Must be alert to moving vehicles, aircraft, or personnel.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Airport Operations
Job Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A