SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Act as the supplier interface for all RFIs, RFPs and RFQs. Partner with internal stakeholders to run the RFX process and evaluation, then use results to implement a sourcing decision
- Ensure that suppliers are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment and material to ensure successful product development, ramp up and mass production
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Present value propositions to SpaceX executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Implement analytical data management tools to manage supplier performance
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts. Develop should-cost models for competitive cost analysis
- Develop, manage, and maintain strong supplier partnerships
- Drive internal and external process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Qualification & Experience:
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production or engineering function; or advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production or engineering function; or 9+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production or engineering function
- 1+ years of experience with mechanical assemblies, materials or processes such as stamping, die casting, injection mold, etc.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Prior experience managing mechanical sourcing, including knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, machining, die casting, or thermal forming
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A