SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Implement, maintain, document, support and upgrade all aspects of SpaceX’s LAN/WAN/MAN/WLAN
- Troubleshoot wired/wireless networking related issues via our IT ticketing system
- Create and maintain proper documentation of our networks
- Installing, configuring and support data center networks
- Monitor network health using in-house and 3rd party tools
- Manage inventory of hardware (switches, access points, optics, patch cords, power supplies)
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Cisco Catalyst and Arista data center class switches w/ VRRP. MLAG. HSRP, LLCP, VLAN Trunking, etc.
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers or other wireless technologies
- Copper and fiber optic cabling
- DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IP helpers, ARP, CDP, LLDP
- Switch port security features such as BPDUgaurd, storm-control, DHCP snooping, ACLs, etc.
- Network monitoring tools
- Documentation and procedural installation
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or technical field of study
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A