Starbucks is seeking a highly skilled and motivated senior accountant to join the Financial Reporting team. The team’s main responsibilities include: quarterly and annual SEC filings, assistance in earnings release process, debt offering, proxy preparation, and research on complex accounting and disclosure topics. This position is integral to Starbucks success by ensuring the accurate and timely financial reporting that supports compliance to SEC regulations, management decisions, and external messaging to investors and other stakeholders. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles and values.
- Annual and quarter filings
- Assist Investor Relations with preparation of quarterly earnings releases.
- Assist Legal department with preparation of annual proxy statement.
- Assists manager with training of less experienced team members and facilitates cross-training amongst the team. Assists manager with tracking of day to day tasks and setting team priorities. Escalates issues to manager when appropriate. May lead or support special projects as assigned.
- Effectively produce ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support business operational, financial and strategic decisions.
- Perform technical accounting research, inclusive of evaluating new GAAP or SEC reporting requirements.
- Transform research into summarized results for management feedback
- Prepare consolidated and segment level P&L analyses to support SEC filings.
- Prepare statement of cash flow
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing systems, work processes and procedures affecting month and quarter end financial close
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively in a fast paced environment, while exhibiting exceptional attention to detail and continuously driving process improvements.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams as well as demonstrated ability to understand broad business and financial issues.
- Attention to detail and ability to implement improvements and controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate financial results to individuals at various levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Experience in accounting at a professional level, including journal entries, account reconciliation, reporting and analysis or equivalent experience.
- Experience using an ERP system and business intelligence and reporting tools (such as Hyperion and Oracle) preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred – 3+ years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A