This job is a critical role which contributes to Starbucks success by achieving and providing planning, project management and financial oversight in both new store and renovation construction projects whilst maintaining the highest standards of excellence in delivering the Starbucks experience in our stores. Managing the construction process to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently on time, under budget and in line with key initiatives including LEED or similar Certification. Models themselves and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Dotted Line reports to external supplier (Outsource Project Management Teams)
- Financial decisions need to be commercially sound driving the profitability of the business.
- Leader of others
- Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
- May have 1-2 direct reports (construction coordinators)
- Monitor and challenge the performance of the project team.
- Potential Responsibility of annual budget up to £6 million
- Relevant Projects to be delivered to a minimum of LEED Accredited with nominated Projects delivered to Silver/Platinum Accreditation
- Supports the EMEA market
- Travel is required as this is a field based role requiring overnight stays on occasion
- Understands investment impact on store P&L and takes into account in decisions made.
- Working hours are to flexible depending on the needs of the business
- Working with and responsible for the performance management of Starbucks general contractors through project delivery.
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Budgeting and planning of multiple projects
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
- CSCS card holder
- Construction management
- Effective communication across key business areas and project teams
- Financial analysis in budgets /portfolio affordability
- Knowledge of construction systems & processes
- LEED accredited professional/BREEAM certified
- Management experience managing a construction team in a multi-unit retail or restaurant environment
- Project management managing multiple projects across a portfolio
- Proven bidding and negotiations skills for projects/services in excess of £300,000
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding and knowledge of latest CDM regulations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Design
Job Location: London, UK
Application Deadline: N/A