- Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to hourly Associates and managers on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
- Drives sales in the Facility by ensuring effective merchandise presentation, including accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing, in-stock and inventory levels, budgeting and forecasting sales, and assessing economic trends and community needs.
- Initiates, directs, and participates in community outreach programs, and encourages and supports Associates and managers in serving as good members of the community, including establishing and maintaining relationships with key individuals or groups in the community as the representative for the Company, presenting the Company’s perspective to various external organizations following the Company’s media guidelines, and championing Company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts to Associates, Customers, and the local community in order to emphasize the Facility as part of the community.
- Directs the management team in facility operations and communicates with both management and hourly associates about facility operations, merchandising, and company direction.
- Drives the financial performance of the Facility by ensuring that sales and profit goals are achieved, including leading the management team in controlling expenses to ensure they are indexed to sales, developing and implementing plans to correct any deficiencies in financial performance in the Facility, overseeing the creation of budgets, and participating in analyzing economic trends and community needs for budget forecasting.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures by holding hourly Associates and managers accountable; analyzing and interpreting reports; implementing and monitoring asset protection and safety controls; maintaining quality assurance standards; overseeing safety and operational reviews; developing and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies; and providing direction and guidance on executing
- Company programs and strategic initiatives.
- Upholds the Company’s Open Door Policy by meeting with Associates and listening to concerns, researching issues, reviewing Company policies and procedures, and providing resolutions for Associates, including proactively seeking out Associate comments and concerns by meeting with Associates in their work areas.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for management and hourly Associates in the Facility by hiring, training, mentoring, assigning duties, evaluating performance, providing recognition, and ensuring diversity awareness.
Qualification & Experience:
Minimum Qualifications: 4 years general management experience to include financial accountability 4 years experience supervising 50 or more exempt and non-exempt associates/employees to include the responsibility of performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training. For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a current state issued Certificate of Eligibility. Effective January 26, 2019 – associates will be required to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments Preferred Qualifications…
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A