Website United Airlines
At the starting point of our high-energy food service operations, you will be involved in a variety of tasks that lead to great dining experiences on our aircraft. These include receiving shipments of food, materials and equipment, then checking, storing and distributing them to our kitchen. Other aspects of the role include checking purchase orders and requisitions, as well as participating in inventory control.
- Our facility includes both our warehouse and kitchens and is located near the airport.
- Safety is our top priority and we work hard to protect each other every day.
- Working here is all about teamwork and attitude. You’ll find we move quickly and pull together to deliver for our passengers, every day.
- You may be required to work in areas that are 35 degrees, as well as a freezer area with temperatures reaching -10 degrees. We provide insulated clothing to keep you comfortable, as well as hairnets and guards for facial hair to ensure a sanitary environment.
- Based on seniority, you will be assigned an initial schedule designed to meet our needs at the airport.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- We operate 24 hours a day, so you must be available for day and night shifts, plus weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to use a two-way radio
- Ability to withstand heights as high as 20+ feet
- Basic math skills and attention to detail
- Forklift experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- The physical strength to lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds, as well as be on your feet for an extended period of time
- Valid U.S. state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record (CDL preferred)
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Warehouse
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A