Website Urban Outfitters
The Loss Prevention Agent’s main objective is to deter theft by communicating suspicious activity, maintaining a safe working environment and providing a high level of customer service. The LPA is primarily located at the customer entrance to monitor customer traffic and respond to the EAS alarm. The LPA will also perform other duties such a daily LP checklist and other duties as assigned.
- Respond to all safety concerns and threats within assigned location
- Prosecute all shoplifters following company guidelines
- Ensure the store teams are adhering to Loss Prevention policy and procedure
- Complete all necessary paper work (Supporting deposition, Lost and stolen property report, Wazagua case report
- Completion of daily LP checklist
- Monitor store entrance/ exit responding to the EAS system in a friendly customer service approach
- Recover/Apprehend shoplifters if stolen merchandise is found upon EAS activation
- Communicate with local and state law enforcement agencies as necessary to report and/or prosecute cases of theft.
- This is a non-uniformed position. The LPA will be required to dress in accordance to company dress code standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to write concise reports in a timely manner. LPA must also know basic computer skills to type reports
- 1-2 years’ experience within a retail security environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to get along with co-workers at all times.
- Outstanding time and attendance history is a critical requirement
- Ability to make quick and decisive decisions in accordance to company policies
- Ability to deescalate aggressive customer situations and protect members of the store team as necessary
- Successful completion of internal Loss Prevention program upon hire.
- Proven track record of shoplifting apprehensions/recoveries
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to work days, night and weekends. Scheduled hours may change week to week.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Effective at developing and maintaining strong business partnerships
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolve with in scheduled deadlines
- Ability to stand for an extended length of time. Additionally, and in some instances, standing directly by the entrance door in times of in climate weather.
- Must have a valid NYS security guard license
- Ability to preserve confidential information
Company: Urban Outfitters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A