Website Valero Energy
Ensures that high quality and timely maintenance and construction work occurs during turnarounds, capital construction projects and routine maintenance.
- Coordinates and directs the daily activities of outside inspection contractors for routine work, turnarounds and special assignments.
- Coordinates with Maintenance and Operations to see that equipment is opened in a logical and efficient manner, and the inspection/repair report is available quickly for planning purposes.
- Independently inspects and monitors all repair and construction work to be certain it is being done per the plans and adheres to all specifications and code requirements.
- Inspects or causes to be inspected all equipment and piping, which is critical and/or subject to periodic deterioration.
- Maintains complete and accurate records during inspections, so they can be transferred to the permanent files.
- Makes recommendations on whether repairs are required and what they should be.
- Monitors and reports on the activities and quality of contractors in conjunction with their QA/QC representative.
- 3 years of experience in reliability inspection required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
- Certified API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspector required.
- Certified API-570 Piping Inspector preferred.
- Certified API-577 Welding,Inspection and Metallurgy preferred.
- Certified API-653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector preferred.
- Certified AWS CWI Welding Inspector preferred.
- Certified National Board of Boilers & Pressure Vessels Inspector, (NBIC) preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of all ASME, ANSI, API & NB required.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to work a Turnaround schedule which requires 12+ hour days, as well as participate in the on-call rotation.
- Non-Destructive Testing Certificate preferred.
- Reliability experience in refinery or chemical plant preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Norco, LA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A