Website Valero Energy
Provides support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero’s Virtual Helpdesk line. Additional infrastructure duties such as server room management will also be performed as needed.
Primary focus is to provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations. This includes the use of Valero’s system to track support activities.Participates in information system infrastructure design and implementation projects as an individual contributor.Performs research and repair activity, including vendor coordination, necessary to ensure computer services for supported locations.Tests applications and equipment with minimal supervision.Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems.Manages spare equipment inventory and related documentation.Performs server room maintenance and management as needed.Provides support of computing equipment and software, to include moderately complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations during and after hours.Works on moderately complex tasks for the design, development, maintenance and upgrade of information system infrastructure involving hardware, software, and system applications. This includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- 2+ years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree – Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Functional and technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7), Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), and basic TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
- Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Network
Job Location: Three Rivers, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A