Website The Wendy's Company
The Director of Data Governance will lead and manage all organization-wide Data Governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise Data Governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of data consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. To achieve Data Governance objectives, the Director of Data Governance will lead or advise the organization through any necessary changes to culture, behavior, policies, standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, and related tools and data architecture.This position serves at the crossroads of business and technology and as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
- Partner with the business to establish and implement standards and policies for the classification, creation, access, acceptance, movement, retention and disposition of data. Build effective and productive working relationships with key partners including the GDPR Data Protection Officer, IT, Business Intelligence, Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Records Retention, and representatives from each business function in order to execute Data Governance program. Influence and inform Company approach to and compliance with Data Governance standards and requirements.
- Lead the Enterprise Data Governance Committee, including ensuring that Data Governance roles are appointed, sponsored, and serve as expected. Participate as a Core Team member of the data or privacy incident response teams and assist with incident-related notification/disclosure. Serve as a member of the Enterprise Risk Management committee.
- Overall accountability, champion and thought leader for Data Governance at Wendy’s. Ensure the appropriate participation and engagement from the rest of the Company on data governance initiatives. Responsible for establishing a strategic vision and roadmap, and for the implementation of a Data Governance program, including the selection of an appropriate framework and structure for management and control of data within the Company, with functional and systemic alignment to overall Company strategy. Define and create data-related standards and requirements for Company operations, franchisees, vendors and other external parties. Prepare materials and presentations for the Senior
- Leadership team and the Board of Directors and its committees on Data Governance related topics.
Partner with IT as the Business Owner for Data Governance technology and tools. Work with IT to build and maintain a data and database inventory and define data classifications.
- Education / ExperienceBachelor’s Degree in a STEM field, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent related professional work experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of experience in Data Governance, data stewardship, or data analysis preferably with experience in a major organization with large-scale data or project management and data oversight. Experience establishing and building a Data Governance program is a strong plus.
- Executive presence, experience chairing Executive Steering Committees, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to communicate and partner with C-level executives, Board of Directors, and core business and technology teams through various channels.
- Experience creating business cases and establishing ROI for data initiatives. Experience with iterative/Agile/SAFe methodologies.
- Self-starter with a passion for Data Governance and technical knowledge of data and data elements.
Company: The Wendy’s Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Dublin, Ohio, United States
Application Deadline: N/A