Website The YMCA
The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and implementing the mission, goals, and values of the YMCA within their community. This involves all aspects of building and maintaining an outstanding staff (hiring, recruiting, and training); developing and working with an involved volunteer board and establishing the YMCA as an important force for local community development.
- Provide support to achieve the goals in the Strategic Plan and to fulfilling overall Association wide goals
- Support Association wide fundraising and other programs.
- Lead fundraising efforts for their branch and ensure achievement of annual goals.
- Establish a dynamic, customer-focused plan to improve the YMCA’s membership retention and acquisition. Implement an ongoing member involvement plan that moves members from a casual to committed relationship with the YMCA and increases the number of members involved as donors and volunteers.
- Provide direction and leadership on the execution of membership goals and outcomes.
- Provide direct leadership to their branch and strengthen the staff’s capacity to work effectively as a team.
- Ensure that the YMCA has an outstanding, dedicated, and culturally competent staff, with a spirit of camaraderie and passion for the YMCA mission.
- Attract and retain top staff and act as caretaker for the assets of the organization.
- Retain ultimate responsibility for program development. Ensure necessary data collection for outcome-based measurement in YMCA programs.
- With Branch leadership, prepare the annual operating budget.
- Minimum of 8 or more years overall leadership experience with a minimum of5 years’ experience in an executive level/senior management position (YMCA or non-profit experience preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- This individual must have hands-on knowledge of effective operating approaches and be fully versed in managing a volunteer organization with diverse membership and community needs.
- High level competency skills in the following areas are needed – member focused, results driven, problem solving, team focused, and influence.
Company: The YMCA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Boise, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A