Website The YMCA
The Branch Healthy Living Director is responsible for the development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of health and wellness programs, ensuring that all operations are in line with the strategic plans for the organization and promote the YMCA mission.Provides direct supervision of health and wellness staff and programs, including but not limited to group exercise, personal training, adaptive wellness, healthy living programs, healthy aging, and the wellness center.
- Direct supervision of branch healthy living programs, (examples can include group exercise, individual and small group personal training, chronic disease prevention, and the wellness center), development of group health and wellness programs, onboarding members, and member engagement.
- Participate in association-wide functions to include but not limited to Florida’s First Coast YMCA trainings, Branch Healthy Living Director meetings, Business Development School, and association special events.
- Work with the Director of Healthy Living Innovations: Member Engagement to develop, monitor, and control the department budget, with assistance from Branch Leader.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training staff to model a relationship-building and member-focused staff team, who are fully trained and educated to engage and support members, through our association programs and/or solutions.
- Responsible for conducting ongoing assessment of staff functions to determine required core competencies and skills; design and implement trainings as needed. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Serve effectively as a branch team contributor; branch Manager-on-Duty (MOD), as assigned, provide support to all branch departments, affiliated fundraising efforts, and attend weekly branch meeting.
- Provide strategic leadership on association Growth and Impact teams, and task force committees, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, health, physical education, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in health and wellness management, which include program development, member retention, staff development, and fiscal management.
- Minimum 2-5 years in supervisory experience, including full-time and part-time employees. Has a proven track record displaying an ability to motivate, educate, develop, and inspire staff.
- Holds certifications in YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, Strength Training; or related certifications through a reputable industry source (ACE, ASCM, AFAA, etc.)
- Able to complete the YMCA specific trainings within 3 months of the position.
- Ability to present a positive image for staff, participants, colleagues, supervisors, and the community.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and team-oriented.
Company: The YMCA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Wauwatosa, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A